Bedwetting in Adults While Dreaming
In this guide, we are going to look at the best bedwetting alarm for deep sleepers. There seems to be a reflection between dreaming about wetting the bed and the actual bedwetting. Even though most children wet their beds, they usually stop when they are 4 or 5 or even before this age. Persistent bed-wetting may lead to teasing by peers and embarrassment which can lead to psychological issues.
In case your child is older than 5 years and has not stopped bedwetting, you may need to speak to a doctor about the available treatments. The bed-wetting alarm is one of the treatment methods that has proven to work. A bed-wetting alarm works by emitting a tactile or an auditory response to moisture. It is attached to a child’s pajamas or underwear close to where the first drop of urine would be expelled.
Best Bedwetting Alarm for Deep Sleepers
Here are some of the best bedwetting alarms available on the market today;
Made by the DryEasy company, this bedwetting alarm is considered to be a comprehensive alarm as it is equipped with all the features that an efficient bedwetting alarm should have.
- An improved toggle clamp that locks the sensor securely in place.
- A digital volume control consisting of four levels to cater for different needs and a volume that goes up to 85 dB.
- An operating system that includes a blend of both sound and vibration, sound only or vibration only.
- Six different sounds made o suit the preference of the user. And options of either picking a single sound or just playing the six sounds at random.
- An open-cover design that makes cleaning easier hence easier maintenance.
The random sound feature makes it harder for your child to get used to one sound. This is good because you don’t want you, child, to sleep throughout the alarm. In addition, it is durable meaning that it can be dropped but still won’t break. It also has a bigger wire which makes it applicable to older children. There is also a variety of volumes to choose from.
Despite the many benefits of this alarm, you might want to know that it may not be loud enough for some kids, it has random alarms and it does not last as long as other bedwetting alarms.
You can buy this alarm at Amazon.
If you are on a tight budget and in no need of extra advanced features, then consider this alarm.
2. Wet-Stop 3 Blue Bedwetting Enuresis Alarm with Loud Sound and Strong Vibration for Boys or Girls, Proven Solutions for Bedwetters
For over thirty years, the Wet-Stop 3 bedwetting alarm has maintained its high value and lowest cost when it comes to bedwetting solutions in the world.
- Its OSHA safe and comes with five different loud alarms so your child won’t get familiar with a particular alarm sound.
- It is small and easy to use with no cumbersome tape, dangerous pins or any sewing required.
- It is clinically proven to stop bedwetting in children hence recommended by doctors.
- It has a one year warranty. Its FDA registered, CE certified and ISO 13485 certified.
- It is a quality product that comes with the free reward chart, sticker reward system, instructions in 6 different languages and The Complete Bedwetting Book.
One of the benefits of this bedwetting alarm is that it is easy to use and offers optimal comfort. Apart from this, it is also lightweight and has an intact clipping. Compared to the other brands, Wet-Stop 3 Blue is a cheaper option. Its sensor is also washable.
As much as it has multiple benefits, this alarm may not be loud enough for you. In addition, for children who toss and turn a lot into their sleep, this alarm may not be for them as its clips are not strong enough. False alarms can also happen at times, though rarely.
You can get this alarm o Amazon
Wet-Stop3 has been used by families for many years with over 500,000 of this alarm having been reported to have been sold on Amazon. This goes to show that it is the alarm that is likely going to make your child happy.
3. Bedwetting Alarm for Kids – Girls & Boys – Loud Sound and Strong Vibration for Deep Sleepers – Potty Pee Enuresis Alarm by Nytone
Invented about 45 years ago, Nytone alarm was the first bedwetting alarm. It is because of this reason that Nytoneis n of the most trusted solution when it comes to bedwetting.
- An advanced circuitry for better results
- Easy clips for a closer and easier attachment for the Innovative Moisture Sensor.
- Sticker pack that allows your child to customize the alarm just adds fun to it.
- A Quick Start Guide in numerous languages for best results
- Comes with batteries so you can start using it right away without having to look for batteries first.
Compared to the other bedwetting alarms, Nytone alarm is easier to turn off once it goes off. You just toggle the on/off switch.
It also ensures your child’s comfort as it is made with a soft, adjustable and flexible band and also features the Soft Touch Coating so it does not irritate the skin when worn around the upper arm of our child. It is also very light with a weight of only 1.7 ounces.
The sounds, vibration, and multiple tones can awaken even the deepest sleeper.
However, this alarm is somehow soft and may not be suitable for deep sleepers. The instruction manual also does not offer much help on how to connect this alarm because it does not have any diagrams; it only tells you how to do it. It may also be suitable for small children as its wristband is not small enough. Compared to the other bedwetting alarms, this one is way heavier with a weight that can go up to 6 oz. when you include the battery.
This alarm is best for older children- 10 years and above-because of its weight and its loud volume. In other words, it is not suitable for children younger than 10 years.
Made by Cumizon, this alarm is suitable for the child who is a deep sleeper. This is because of its volume which is loud enough and easier to use.
- Vibration, LED light and sound indicator
- Sensor clip with one drop detection
- Creative design
- Adjustable armband for comfortable sleep
One of the good things about this alarm is that it awakens your child after detecting the very first drop of urine. This ensures that your child wakes up and finishes urinating in the bathroom.
It also has straps made in an easy-to-wear design that you just attach to your child’s arm.
Even though this alarm has one of the best clips compared to the other alarms, if the child sleeps on the side of the side where the alarm is placed on the arm, the sound of the alarm will be muffled hence the child will not be able to hear it. Therefore, it is not good enough for heavy sleepers.
Like the other alarms, you can find it on Amazon.
This alarm is effective in terms of stopping the wetting process as it starts after the first drop of urine. This means the child will awaken to finish urinating in the bathroom.
This alarm, made by Dr. Madre, is a wireless design that means that you don’t have to worry about your child being tangled up in its wires.
- It is made to like a watch hence you won’t have much trouble convincing your child to wear it.
- It is one of the smallest alarms in the market, hence very discreet.
- It is non-corrosive and does not contain any lead or mercury. It is proven to be hypoallergenic.
- It is durable
- It has a long lasting battery life
One thing that makes this alarm to stand out for sure is its compact size and the fact that is wireless. This is because your child will have no worries of being seen wearing it because of these features. It is, therefore, more suitable for your child especially If there are visitors around or if your child has gone to their friends for a sleepover.
This alarm is ideal in terms of minimizing embarrassment and the risk of injury caused by tangled wires. And if you are looking for a durable alarm with a great design and functionality then this is made for you.
6. Chummie Premium Bedwetting Alarm for Deep Sleepers – Award Winning, Clinically Proven System with Loud Sounds, Bright Lights and Strong Vibrations, Green
This is an award-winning bedwetting alarm made by Theos Medical Systems. This liquid-sensitive, strong light and sound and comfortable sensor pad alarm is clinically proven to solve the problem of bedwetting and is ideal for deep sleepers.
It also has a quick set-up of only 30 seconds.
Other features of this alarm are:
- A sensor that conforms to your child’s body shape for maximum comfort during sleep
- A loud sound system, vibrations and bright light that wakes even the deepest sleeper
- A free chummie mobile application that includes tricks, tips, live support, instructional videos and more
The chummie alarms have the largest urine detection area on the sensor compared to other alarms. These intelliFlex sensors will ensure that you never miss a bedwetting by detecting the first drop of urine. They are also made of soft and flexible silicone for maximum comfort.
The sensors will not poke your child at night because they lay flat on the outside of the underwear and also take your child’s body shape for maximum comfort.
The sensors do not have any metal par that is exposed hence they do not corrode easily and they are very accurate in urine detection. They never fail.
However, the downside of this alarm is that the sensor comes off at times, though sparingly and may also be characterized by occasional false alarms.
It is an advanced urine sensor that you should consider if you want effective results.
7. Malem Ultimate Bedwetting Alarm for Boys and Girls – Loud Sound and Strong Vibration Wake Even Deep Sleepers – Award Winning Enuresis Alarm
For over 30 years, the award-winning Malem alarms have solved the problem of bedwetting. Doctors worldwide, also recommend these alarms as solutions to bedwetting. It uses the combination of sound, light, and vibration to make even the deepest sleeper wake and go urinate in the bathroom.
- A tamper-proof selection switch which can be set to sound only, vibration only or sound and vibration. All the settings include a flashing light.
- It has secure grip and quick detect features. The secure grip locks the sensor in place and ensures that it does not get dislodged. And alerts the user in case the sensor is not fixed properly. The quick detect feature ensures that the first drop of urine does not go unnoticed.
- It also comes with a free smartphone application that gives you access to important tips, videos, FAQs and all the information that ensures your success with the alarm.
Once the first drop of urine is detected, this alarm goes off by vibrating and sounding continuous until the two-step turnoff is completed.
This alarm is also compact and weighs less than 2 ounces including 2 AAA batteries. In addition, this alarm has a total of 8 random tones so as to prevent your child from becoming accustomed to one sound, and the latest selectable model that offers you the privilege of choosing between a single sound and 8 random sounds.
However, the sensor clips have a tendency of breaking off. It is also awkward to wear as once you clip it to the arm, you will have to find where the pee s going to hit first so that you place the sensor there.
This is an ideal bedwetting alarm for deep sleepers.
8. Zest 4 Bedwetting Alarm (Enuresis Alarm) With 8 Tones and Strong Vibration to Stop Bedwetting in Boys, Girls, and Deep Sleepers
This alarm manufactured by Zest comes with a unisex sensor so you won’t have to purchase another one for your daughter if your son no longer needs it. It is suitable for children aged 5 years and above.
- 8 different alert tones, bright light, and strong vibrations to wake up your child in case of a bedwetting incident.
- A strong hold sensor which grips the underwear in a tight hold and does not come off even if the child turns a lot in their sleep.
- A comfy armband that is sweat-resistant, adjustable and machine washable. This armband can fit biceps of up to 8” and perfectly keeps the Zest alarm on the arm for an added comfort.
Setting this alarm is not difficult. You just have to put it on your child’s pajama top and then run the cord under the shirt and then attach the sensor on the undergarment where the drop of urine will fall first so that you don’t miss the bedwetting incident.
This alarm also has a one-year replacement warranty. It is also, CE certified, FDA registered and its controlled by a microprocessor that has an advanced safety algorithm to guarantee your safety and has no side effects.
It is also very light and portable enough that your child can carry it when going to a sleepover or camping.
A very effective alarm for children and deep sleepers.
9. Bed Buds American Bedwetting Alarm Enuresis (Urologist Tested!) Monitor for Children Boys Girls Loud Sound Vibrating Urine Detection Cure Potty Training #1 Easy Solution for Deep Sleepers
With this alarm, you will be seeing results in 2-3 weeks. Tested by urologist, this bed buds alarm is ranked as a top seller. It is made by the Bed Buds company.
- Instruction manual- It comes with an instruction manual that is simple but informative.
- Replacement battery- It comes with extra batteries
- Custom stickers and the Bed Buds progress cards to track progress and get results much faster
- Safe volume levels to ensure that our child is awakened as soon as the alarm goes off
- The sensor has an open cover which makes it very easy to clean and dry
Compared to most of the bedwetting alarms, Bed Buds alarm will ensure that you solve the problem of bedwetting within the shortest time possible. Just within 2-3 weeks, amazing right? The vibration feature will ensure that no one notices it on your child in case your child goes to their friend’s sleepover or camping.
This is a user-friendly and most versatile alarm that you can find in the market.
It is best for those who want fast results.
9. Chummie Pro Bedside Bedwetting Alarm for Children, Teens Adults, and Deep Sleepers – Comfortable and Effective Bedwetting Treatment System, Blue
If you are looking for a stress-free alarm, one that you don’t have to attach to your child’s underwear and to keep checking to see if it’s in place, then this is the bedwetting alarm for you. This is because this alarm comes with the InteliFlex mat that is placed under the bedsheet that the child sleeps under, and it is this mat that detects the first drop of urine. The mat uses IntelliFlex technology to detect urine. Setting up this alarm also does not take long as you only need 30 seconds, and you are good to go.
- The IntelliFlex Mat that detects the first drop of urine.
- Two volume settings, several vibrations, two lights and 8 alert tones which are very loud and which can be combined or customized to suit light, medium or heavy sleepers.
- CE certified, FDA registered and has a warranty of one year.
- Free application for your smartphone.
- Two washable sleeves that are also reusable
- Motivational reward system
- A bedside stand
Apart from this alarm only taking 30 seconds to be set, its size is also small enough and only weighs 1 oz making it perfect to be carried when going for trips and vacations.
The urine detection is an on the mat is significantly larger than the other clip sensors. The mat is also non-corrosive and has a total of 20 pairs of strips used for sensing urine. Furthermore, this mat is easy to use and clean. You just place it in the washable sleeve and then put it under a dry cotton sheet for a good night sleep.
With this alarm, you can avoid getting used to a particular alert tone as it comes with 8 different alert tones for you to choose one and keep changing as you wish so you don’t get used to one tone. It also has two volume levels and vibration. The vibration only set up helps you be discreet in case you need to be. For instance, you can set the vibration only when traveling, during special occasions or when camping.
Despite all the good things about it, this alarm is also very sensitive and there has been complaining about it going off every few minutes because of the heightened sensitivity. Sweat can also make it go off. It is also very expensive.
Perfect if you don’t want to keep looking for the perfect spot on the underwear to clip the sensor and also perfect for those children who turn a lot in their sleep.
This alarm is made by Dr. Sagie. It is a combination of state-of-the-art interactive software that is web-based and an advanced bedwetting alarm. Research on its practical application has also been done so you can be assured of a safe product. This alarm is suitable for children aged between 4 to 18 years.
- An online interactive software program that is designed for an individual patient.
- Stopee- the safest and most advanced bed-pad and an alarm system that can be found in the market nowadays.
- Interactive software and videos that are state-of-the-art.
- 100% online activity. You only have to enter your details and you start to access an interactive program that is customized specifically for you and your child.
The web-based interactive software is one of the things that puts this bedwetting alarm among the top bedwetting alarms in the world.
Through this interactive portal and the internet, you get to experience personalized level of care without having to ever leave your home. Besides, that you get this service at a fraction of the fee you would have had to pay for such level of service.
Once you order this alarm, you get an activation code which will allow you access to the virtual chat. This virtual chat will follow your child’s progress while offering tailored advice and encouragement. Not forgetting that this is done individually, so you and your child are able to get personal advice and words of encouragement. Amazing right?
On the downside, just like the Chummie Pro, this alarm is also very sensitive and not suitable for kids who sweat a lot in their sleep. It goes off at the slightest sensitivity.
This alarm is great if you need additional tips and personalized type of care that does not require you to leave your house.
11. Wet-Stop3 Bedwetting Enuresis Alarm with Sound and Vibration, Comes in 3 Color Options, Curing Bedwetting For Over 35 Years
If you are looking for a bedwetting alarm that has stood the test of time, then Wet-Stop bedwetting alarm is the one you are looking for. Since 1979, Wet-Stop has been the solution for bedwetting. It is clinically approved and goes for a highly reasonable price.
- 5 different loud alarms to ensure that your child does not get accustomed to a particular tone. This goes in line with the limits set by the U.S. Occupational, Safety, and Health Administration (OSHA) for waking those who are very deep sleepers.
- A wearable unit that is small and easy to use. There are no cumbersome tapes, dangerous pins or any time-consuming sewing that is required. This is because of the magnetic technology that it uses.
- A 1-year warranty.
- ISO 13485 and CE certified and FDA registered.
- Magnetic Technology for Attachment.
- Available in two different colors
- An educational book on bedwetting
- A sticker reward system
- A calendar and instructions in 6 different languages
- LED lights
One of the most attractive features of this alarm is the magnetic technology used in attaching the sensor to the clothing. The magnetic clip is adequately strong that it holds the unit in place when folded at your child’s neckline. The sensor is also small enough so your child will not be disturbed in their sleep. This technology also ensures that your child’s bedtime clothing does not get the unavoidable holes that come with sewing and they get to remain in their perfect condition.
It is also small enough and lightweight.
The negative side of this alarm is that it detects urine a little too late. It also has a poor battery compartment design which means that batteries hardly stay in place, it is not waterproof meaning that it short-circuits when exposed to urine and its code is too long making it a potential strangulation hazard. It does not work with rechargeable batteries.
Although it is affordable, the Wet-Stop 3 bedwetting alarm is not durable and accurate.
What it has is a magnetic clip that folds over your child’s neckline. It should be strong enough to hold the unit in place. You can attach it either at the shoulder or waist area.
Even though bedwetting is a common problem among children aged 10 years and below, some teenagers and adults also suffer from this problem. Therefore, the above bedwetting alarms do not only apply to the children, but also to teenagers and adults who may be in need of a drug-free solution to their bedwetting problem.
Here are other cool related products you might need to look at